How to access the Windows 10 Digital License Key?
Computers running the Windows 10 Operating System with a 4th Generation or higher Intel processor no longer have the Windows 10 Product Key on the COA (Certificate of Authenticity) sticker somewhere on the outside of your computer. You may remember what they looked like:
In newer computers, the COA Product Key is now saved digitally to your PC. To access this key, please follow the steps below:
- In the task tray at the bottom of your screen find the yellow folder FILE EXPLORER icon and click it. You can also access it by clicking the Windows Start icon in the lower-left corner of the screen and typing FILE EXPLORER into the search bar.
- On the left side of the FILE EXPLORER screen you will see “THIS PC”. Click on “THIS PC.”
- On the right side of the page you will see a Drive called “OS (C:)”. Double-Click this drive.
- Once you open the drive you will see a folder called “WINDOWS”. Double-click this folder.
- You will now look for one of two folders. Either locate the “DEPLOY” or “MARFO_SCRIPTS” folder. You will only have one or the other, but not both, depending upon how your Windows software was initially installed by the deployment server. Locate the folder on your PC and Double-Click it.
- In the corresponding folder you will find two files: “Oemkey” and “pkeyui”. The Digital License key will be saved in one of these two files. Double-Click each to find the 25 Character activation key.
- Copy that key and paste it into the Windows Activation screen.
You must be connected to the internet for activation to be successful.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.